<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://everyfreechance.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Every Free Chance Book Reviews: Review: Matt Archer: Monster Summer by Kendra C. Highley

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Review: Matt Archer: Monster Summer by Kendra C. Highley



Matt Archer: Monster Summer (Matt Archer #1.5)
written by Kendra C. Highley        
published by Kendra C. Highley

find it here for FREE: Barnes & Noble, Amazon, iBooks, SmashwordsGoodreads


Why did I pick this book: 
 I read book #1, Matt Archer: Monster Hunter, and enjoyed it! (See my review here.) I was also contacted to review book #2, Matt Archer: Blade's Edge. So, I wanted to read the novella that falls between the two.

Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. I read it every free chance I had and finished it in a day.

This was a fun adventure that helped reintroduce me to Matt, Mike, and Will before I read Blade's Edge. (I read Monster Hunter almost a year ago...I remember it but this was a great way to catch up.) And we get to meet Captain Julie Hunter, Matt's soon-to-be aunt.

The action was great. I enjoy how Matt and Will, best friends, work together in the field on their top-secret missions. Matt is still young but starting to grow up a bit. He is finding his way. 

Would I recommend it: I would recommend it. If you have read Matt Archer: Monster Hunter and you plan on reading Matt Archer: Blade's Edge, read this one. It's a great addition to the story. 

Will I read it again: I will not. 


About the book - from Goodreads: 
In this companion short-story to Matt Archer: Monster Hunter, fifteen-year-old Matt Archer finds himself in the Australian Outback on the trail of his latest targets...and hunting hyper-intelligent, mutated Dingoes is not his idea of a great summer vacation.

Making things more complicated, Matt's Uncle Mike--aka Major Tannen--is his C.O. for this mission. To Matt's consternation, the major's new fiancée, Captain Julie Hunter, is also along for the trip.

When Captain Hunter disappears during a routine scouting trip, it's up to Matt to help his uncle find her before it's too late.



Happy reading wherever you are and whenever you get a free chance!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home